If you have any questions, please contact us via the ‘Contact us’ page or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Friend Charlie is a trading name of Hello Solo Limited 10562037 (hereinafter “MFC”).
- Description of the service
- MFC operates a platform & organises events to enable and encourage dating and matchmaking between members, and provides members with both free and paid services.
- All customers can register for free and create a profile. To receive individual match suggestions members must pay for and attend events. Members are then free to contact other members directly, with mutual consent, given at respective events.
- There is no charge for membership. However, an obligation to pay only arises when the customer confirms attendance at an event and associated payment with a click.
- MFC is entitled to engage third party service providers and agents for the whole spectrum of the MFC service. However, this should not negatively impact the customer.
- MFC cannot guarantee successful interaction with other members. MFC is not responsible if, during the membership period, no events are attended.
- Terms of Payment
- The following payment methods are accepted: credit or debit card [payments are processed via Stripe]
- Events are to be paid in full online when booking. Tickets will not be available at the event, no payment methods other than the aforementioned will be accepted.
- Event tickets may be cancelled and refunded in full 48 hours before an event is due to start by MFC. Members wishing to cancel events must request this in writing to email@example.com at least 48 hours before an event is due to start.
- Access and Contract
- In order for customers to access MFC events they must register. For the registration the customer requires a valid e-mail address. Your account is for your personal use only.
- Customers must be at least 18 years of age to register, however, membership is targeted at members between the ages of 30 – 50.
- Customers must have a permanent address in the UK or Ireland to register and be able to attend events in London.
- Once the profile for is submitted, registration is considered complete. The registered user then enters into a contractual relationship with MFC for a free membership. This is governed by the provisions set out in these terms and conditions.
- After registration, the customer receives a notification via e-mail confirming the contract for the free membership.
- Data Use and Data Sharing
- MFC takes care to respect the legal data protection regulations, in particular the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC.
- Responsibilities of the Customer
- The customer is alone responsible for the content of their registration.
- The customer confirms that the data given is accurate. Both parties agree that MFC has the right, but not the obligation, to verify the accuracy of the data if it is deemed necessary.
- By registering with MFC you confirm that you are single or (if legally married) separated. If you are married and not separated, you may not register or use the site or service.
- The customer confirms that they will not use any events organised by MFC to promote any of their own business interests.
- The customer confirms that in the context of offers and services from MFC he/she will not use any photographs, text, software or any other copyrighted information without having the necessary rights or consents for them.
- The customer may under no circumstances (prohibited conduct):
- make personal information of other members, such as names, telephone numbers, residential and e-mail addresses, photo-/video data and / or URLs without the written consent in advance of its respective owner;
- distribute defamatory, offensive, or otherwise unlawful material or such information;
- threaten or harass other members, or harm the rights of any third party;
- upload data containing a virus (infected software);
- to carry out advertising for other dating portals;
- send chain letters;
- to give logins and personal passwords to third parties or share those with third parties;
- The cancellation of the free membership (deleting the profile) is possible at any time. This must be done in writing via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the written notice we ask you to specify your MFC email address, so that we can uniquely authenticate your claim and protect against possible abuse.
- Blocking on Suspicion
- If a warning is deemed reasonable by MFC, MFC must give the customer the opportunity to eliminate the suspicion or to remedy the situation before deleting a members profile.