Food inspiration just when you need it!
Alex has cooked up an awesome, super easy, Chilli & Prawn Linguine. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see more great videos!
Fancy having a go yourself? Here’s how to do it; why not post a pic on Instagram using #inspiremealex and tag us @myfriendcharlie
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
Skill Level (Low, Med, High): Low
- Large pan for pasta
- Sharp Knife
- Saute Pan
- Chopping Board
- Garlic puree
- Flat leaf Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Red chilli
- Plum Tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Ensure that you have your oven on to 180 Celsius and a large pan of well salted water ⅔ full heating up on the hob.
- Half your tomatoes place in a large heatproof dish, season with salt and a drizzle of olive oil and place in the oven.
- Dice your shallots, half your lemon and chop your chili (having checked the spice level). Also chop up your parsley.
- Add your pasta to the boiling water making sure to periodically stir.
- Heat your saute pan with some oil and butter. Add the shallots and fry on a low heat until softened. Add garlic puree and chilli and cook for 1 minute.
- Add prawns and heat through.
- Remove tomatoes from the oven.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the pasta water to your pan and add a squeeze of lemon and a knob of butter. Mix sauce to combine and reduce.
- Drain pasta and combine with sauce.