Food inspiration just when you need it!
Alex has cooked up an utterly delicious dinner date of Steak & Chips. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see more great videos!
Fancy having a go yourself? Here’s how to do it; why not post a pic on Instagram using #inspiremealex and tag us @myfriendcharlie
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cooking Time: 30 Mins
Skill Level (Low, Med, High): Low
- Saute pan
- Pan for peas
- Roasting tin
- Chopping board and knife
- Potatoes (Maris Piper)
- Garlic puree
- Sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees and putting a small pan of salted water on to boil
- Chop your potatoes into roughly 1cm x 1 cm fries and soak them in cold water for 10 minutes to remove the starch
- Season your steak with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Prepare a couple of cloves of garlic and a sprig of rosemary
- Remove your potatoes from the water and dry thoroughly with a tea towel, once dried place on a microwaveable plate and microwave for no more than 3 mins. Place potatoes into a bowl and season with salt, pepper and sunflower oil. Spread your chips evenly on a preheated baking tray and place into the oven
- Heat some oil and butter in your saute pan add the garlic and rosemary, then place the steak in the pan and continually baste with the oil and butter mix
- Check on chips, turn if necessary
- Once steak is cooked to your liking remove and allow to rest
- Add peas to boiling water and once cooked, drain and add back to pan along with garlic puree, some butter and seasoning. Puree together and check seasoning
- Cut steak, plate and serve!